Sticky Orange Traybake

Wednesday 21 May 2008




After wandering around the internet for hours I found this recipe for a lemon traybake. It is really a standard recipe, but they said it could work as a traybake, so I decided to give it a go with an orange rather than a lemon, as oranges are far cheaper at the moment than lemons! And I like eating them too!

Sticky Orange Traybake
175g/6oz margarine
175g/6oz sugar
2 large eggs
225g/8 oz self-raising flour
1 - 2 tablespoons milk
grated rind of 1 Orange

It is a basic method of cream fat and sugar, then add the eggs, and fold in the flour. I added a tablespoon of orange juice and then checked how stiff the mix was and decided it needed a little more so added a drop of milk.

I thought maybe it wasn't quite enough for my traybake tin (around 11 X 7 inch) - but as you can see it was fine. Bake for around 30 - 35 minutes at 180c

I drizzled mine with sugar and juice melted together, as soon as it was out of the oven. But thought it looked really plain so decided to quickly ice it as I iced my ginger cake and had some left over.

I cut it into 15 pieces, 5 X 3 if that makes sense. I have made myself a marker and lamintaed it so that I can cut my cakes nice and easy for the Ampthill Country Market!

Sadly I am not sure where I saw the recipe after all of the searching - but I do know there were a few very similar.

Don't forget if you are into cooking or eating, or even growing your own I have a forum the Cooks Journal to share recipes, hints and tips. And even to be challenged - it would be lovely to see you over there.

1 comment

  1. I love the sticky orange traybake. The icing has taken the cake to a another level because cakes drizzled with icing always look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

My Chat & That © . Design by Berenica Designs.