..the first yarn project

Saturday 29 January 2011


So as promised I thought I would add a few things that I made over the last few months, when I have been playing with yarn, as I have been sitting on the sofa watching TV. Note - I started doing this to use up some of the bits and pieces I have had hanging around for years...then I saw some bargains and then DH bought me some for Christmas and so I have twice as much as I started with! Isn't crafting always the same!

So today's show and tell -

... I have been playing with....fashion dolls clothes...

I have a Sindy all of my own that I bought for a friends daughter back in the 80's, I had the brilliant idea of making clothes for her then - and managed to break her ankle! I didn't take it back as I had bought it direct from someone that worked for Hasbro at the time and was all too complicated - so the upshot of it I have a limping Sindy, that can model anything I make for her - but clearly has problems walking up and down :)

So here are a few bits....

Top picture - she has a 'boob' tube under the jacket

Fluffy scarf and hat


I quickly packed this up when I was away, so wasn't the best card - but did make a bag to go with it! Someone bought it on the market stall :)



And these are tiny placemats that are crocheted using crochet cotton

2 comments

  1. They are fantastic Carolyn! Great job. I like the scarf, looks very modern and funky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this brings back happy memories - my mum knitted my Sindys all sorts of attire when I had them!

    They look fab - good luck with your sales!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

My Chat & That © . Design by Berenica Designs.