Garden

Friday 6 June 2014

I love this time of the year when the garden is coming to life, I have decided to change a flowerbed in front of the shed, so will have to get some pictures of that.  In the mean time I thought I would share my new planter:



I have been meaning to do something like this for a while and finally saw a simple wooden box that I thought would fit the bill.  I bought a sack of alpine grit from B&M stores which at £4.00 was a good price, and the box was from Hexton - I think I paid £5.

I mixed the grit with the compost and once planted added a layer on the top.  I am hoping it won't want much watering :).

Here are a few more flowers around the garden.

Oriental poppies


Rose - Pretty Polly



Perennial Wallflower - Bowles Mauve, it just want to flower and flower :)


The first Cosmos out today



Osteospermum - loves to flower in the sun



2 comments

  1. Love the new planter and the flowers are so pretty. Our borders are still seriously lacking colour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some really pretty flowers there, Carolyn. I planted cosmos seeds this year but the plants keeled over as soon as they emerged. Not successful at all. I shall try again next year.

    ReplyDelete

My Chat & That © . Design by Berenica Designs.