Last week before

Wednesday 18 July 2007



...the school holidays start, not that we are up to much next week. Getting the kitchen floor done on Tuesday and the oven has been fixed - so that will be great. Now I am seriously thinking of extending the lounge and making a downstairs study!

Worked for two days so no cards made since the weekend. I went to the second meeting of the 'book club' last night. I have to say not sure we talked about the book (The Accidental Mother) that long....but it was a lovely evening! We gave the book between 6 and 7 out of 10 and generally felt that the characters could have been discovered a lot more.

So we now have a new book - The Alchemist - to read and really not sure this is my thing....It is only a little book so should be OK! and I have until September to read it. MiL gave me a load of books when I went in May so I shall take those on holiday...and report back!


I did read a Lesley Pearce book a couple of weeks back, I can't quite decide whether I liked this one or not, it did seem a bit too 'coincidental' at times too many things were connected, but I shall try another book by her for another time.

Off out to lunch with Vicky in a while - she is going back to Aus next month so it is a sad farewell. Tomorrow out for some crafty shopping at Tewin, and hope to got to WGC hospital to see my Aunt Rose who has had a stroke.

I am sure the garden could do with more sun - the veg patch is doing well tho - especially the courgettes - and I think I may have a glut of them. So to recap I have dug up the last of the potatoes, lettuces are fab - but the next batch are way behind, the runner beans are Ok - although some are doing much better than others, some little beans showing, a few tomatoes are there too, not ripening. The Loganberry has been giving me a ramekin dish full of fruit every day, Owen has been eating loads making them into smoothies! I even picked 5 raspberries from a bush Dad gave me in May. I have also got sweetcorn in, and french beans. Would love to hear any suggestions on things to grow for next year.

We got a digital recorder the other day via Top up TV as they had a great deal - very impressed - although it has turned Owen into a TV addict overnight....I think the novelty may wear off eventually!

1 comment

  1. I think you'll be surprised at The Alchemist. I read it quite a few years ago and it really is a lovely book.

    ReplyDelete

My Chat & That © . Design by Berenica Designs.