Challenges and cooking

Sunday 2 December 2007






The advent quiz continues...on the Crafts by Carolyn Forum

I have made a card it needed to have a gardening theme for an 80 year old man...so I used Clare's template and came up with this, somehow it looks better in the flesh. I am pleased with it - I hope he will be. I even got the Robo fired up and did the numbers.

Now I was all set to join in with Rosies Great British Pud challenge - I know it was going to be very late anyway - but Owen wanted syrup pudding....so here is the
Microwave syrup sponge pud (click through for the recipe) I posted about this on the The Cooks Journal forum. I halved the recipe and there was enough for two big portions and three reasonable portions, especially if you had custard. I did warm up a little syrup and pour that over once it was out of the bowl.

It has pretty much rained all day here - I have made a few cards and have been sorting out the birthday clubs on the crafts forum...I even did housework yesterday so we can visitors now! I really got carried away and washed the windows! So had to go and have lie down

3 comments

  1. Looks beautiful Carolyn and one of my favourite puds too. Lovely comfort food for this time of year here in the uk.

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pud looks far too good to eat :D but wouldn't mind a huge piece with custard...will have to check out your recipe!!
    Love the card too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. my. life. syrup pudding - how I miss it! Yours looks YUMMY!!

    Dee
    x

    ReplyDelete

My Chat & That © . Design by Berenica Designs.