Easter Sunday and Snow!

Sunday 23 March 2008


Well we woke up this morning to a covering of snow...I thought we may have had a bit more...but it soon went. Owen managed to make a large snowball - and another out the back! Not quite managing a snowman, I think he got bored as the snow was disappearing fast! And a warm lounge was calling him!


So I have been playing with odd things over the last few days. Firstly I have been cutting 'greyboard' with the Cuttlebug and playing with the shapes. This first one, is just covered with the Ranger Adirondack embossing powders - denim, I gave it 3 coats, in all using the Sue biscuit tin method. And then I got out an emery board and sanded it down in places to expose a white core.



This next one - I inked it first with a turquoise ink and then covered it with Perfect Pearls, a turquoise and some copper. Then I added Glossy Accents - this you have to be patient with as it takes a while for it to dry. But the results are great. I also did some with clear embossing powder and used some copper embossing powder. And these were lovely too - I forgot to take a photo of the copper one and have sent it to my Mum.


Finally I found a video on Youtube to ink your embossing folder (the front one), and then putting your card through. I used a dye based on again and Adirnondack one - this one is Mushroom, I don't have that many different colours - but have also done a blue one - that I have to make into a card.

Don't forget
There are some great challenges running on the forum - Joanne (Angelnorth) has just launched a brand new onefor Easter Sunday - Ephemera - how do you say that word!

Visit Crafts by Carolyn forum

2 comments

  1. Great cards Carolyn really lovely selection

    ReplyDelete
  2. carolyn this site in general is fantastic. your cards are lovely and i adore your download papers. Living in Turkey means i dont have access to a lot of the new papers until i get home for a holiday so these help with the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

My Chat & That © . Design by Berenica Designs.