Banana Loaf ~ Recipe

Monday 9 November 2020

 


I baked this back in September when I had too many bananas delivered....it was operator error (hee hee), and realised I didn't put on here.  I cut it into slices and popped it in the freezer, still a couple of slices are still left.

It is a recipe I have used for years and nice and easy.

4 oz Butter or margerine
4 oz Sugar (can add some dark) – beat together
Add:
2 eggs beaten
Then add
3 or 4 bananas (could leave one for end so less mashed)
Sift and fold in
8oz Self Raising Flour
½ tsp Bicarbonate soda
1 tspn Cinnamon or mixed spice
5 oz Raisins/sultanas whichever you prefer

Put in a 2lb loaf tin and bake at 180 C for 45 minutes.  You can make 2 x 1lb loaf tins and reduce cooking by 7 minutes I would say.

I like to drizzle some icing on top, just breaks up the brown, but it is fine without. 

Post a Comment

My Chat & That © . Design by Berenica Designs.