Card Making January part 2

Monday 25 January 2021

 


Here are the next batch of cards...January continued with stuff...


....Including my 60th birthday, wow it sounds so old, and I feel 30 on the inside, how did that happen?  I always said I would retire at 60, thought at the time I would be getting a state pension!  Lucky enough to have work pensions, so managed it anyway.

Carrying on with my relaxing card making these were made using a technique of inking a stencil with distress inks and then spraying with water and laying on top of water colour paper.  Never done this before, so took a bit of practice, bits I don't like I have covered up with my embellishments.  These were made by inking and stamping, cutting out and putting glossing accents on top.

The 3rd card with the roses, was a technique I had done years ago by using clear embossing powders as a resist.  But not on quite this way.  Cards were inked, then stamped and embossed and inked again, wiping off any that was left on the clear embossing.

Greetings are printed and cut using silhouette, guess I could have cut with scissors - but enjoyed the challenge!


The purple/pink one is inked and stamped - got out the sparkly paints from many moons ago, making them more vibrant, and the vintage lady also has a stencilled and ink background.

Drawerful of embellishments are making the light of day.



Post a Comment

My Chat & That © . Design by Berenica Designs.